Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Philles Phans Phlock to Phlorida

I just returned from a visit to Walt Disney World and August must be a popular time for Phillies fans to visit Central Florida.

Everywhere I turned throughout the four theme parks, I noticed an abundance of people donning a Phillies shirt or hat. In Epcot, I walked passed a man in a Phillies shirt who asked me how I was doing, just based on a Phillies batting practice jersey I had on. Moments later, another guy in a Phillies shirt fist-bumped me. Our paths then crossed again in the Rose and Crown Pub in the United Kingdom in the World Showcase.

Based on observations, the Phils were far-and-away the most popular team for Walt Disney World visitors when I visited. The Yankees were a distant second, followed by the Red Sox.

No comments: