Thursday, March 26, 2009

Villanova: The lesser of 2 evils

As a Temple graduate and basketball fan, I don't like Villanova basketball -- I should refer to them as Villian-ova -- and 99% of the time will root against the Wildcats.

Except tonight in the East Regional semifinals in Boston when they face a basketball program I hate even more: Duke.

I've despised the Blue Devils since the NCAA men's basketball tournament of 1988, when they beat my Owls in the East Regional final and kept Temple and Hall of Fame coach John Chaney out of the Final Four.

Heck, Duke coach Mike Krsyzewski is so full of himself that last week he took offense that President Obama didn't pick Duke to win the tournament and suggested that he could do a better job with the economy than the president.

Tonight is a game I can't really root for anyone. So, while I dislike Villanova, I hate Duke. That makes Villanova the lesser of 2 evils.

No comments: